Today.

Today


Today I will cease to look for justice, but never cease to give it.

Today I will cease to look for righteousness in others, but never cease to pursue it.

Today I will cease to defend myself, but never cease to allow hurt, injury, and insult to become opportunities in which I can display the love, affection, and mercy of my Lord, Jesus Christ.

Today I will cease to be impatient with others and when more is asked of me, I will give without holding back.

Today I will cease to put my hand to the plow and look back, but rather I will run hard the race set before me and run as if to get the prize.

Today I will cease seeking what I want for myself, but rather I will look within to see what more I can give to help, support, and carry others in their struggles.

Today I will cease to treat God as a habit, a chore, or a crutch, but rather I will seek him as a lover, as the Creator and Lord he is and never think twice before following.

Today I will cease allowing the devil to bring up my past mistakes, but rather look to Christ and know that within I am made anew and that all is well with my soul.

Today I will cease trying to do things the way I want to do them, but rather seek wisdom and direction before taking a step in what I think is the right direction.

Today I will cease trying to do the things that I want to do, but rather search out what is wanted for me and thus acknowledge what God wants for me is better than what I want for myself.

Today I will cease trying to win the world, but rather I will go, knowing that all that is required has been done and just seek to serve, love, and share what God has done for me.

Today I will cease saying what I think is best or trying to speak persuasive arguments, but rather I will yearn to listen to the Holy Spirit and wait on his words that will come from him, through me, to the listener.  In doing so, I will acknowledge that the simplest phrase uttered by listening to the Holy Spirit is more powerful than the most persuasive oration of man.

Today I will cease seeing people and this world the way I perceive them.  I will not see faces, but hearts; I will not see bodies, but rather eternal souls that my Savior, Jesus Christ, has paid for in full. I will not see myself, but rather see an instrument, continually being sharpened, formed, and used for those whom I meet. 

Today I will cease hearing people the way I perceive them, but rather I will  hear hopes and dreams rather than laughter, I will hear sorrows and cries for help rather than crying, and I will hear the desire within each person to know true hope, true love, true joy—truth, rather than hearing nonchalant questions.

Comments

Popular Posts